Thank you to Eris of erisgoesto.com for nominating my blog for the Mystery Blogger Award! 🙂
WHAT IS MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things about Myself
- I secretly wanted to be a Dark Lord of the Sith someday. Okay, seems like this one’s not a secret anymore.
- During my kindergarten graduation, I told the spectators that I wanted to be a doctor. In college, however, I tried pursuing architecture due to my fondness of art and skylines. Good thing I didn’t make it to architecture school. Perhaps I would have regretted that decision today if it happened. 🙂
- Cat person right here, ladies and gentlemen
Here are my answers to Eris’s questions :
- A book you’re reading right now.
I just received Neil Gaiman’s Coraline for Christmas! But I have a strong feeling that I might not be able to read it for the next few weeks. So right now, I’m reading the 2016 First Aid for the USMLE Step 1. :))
2. What is your spirit animal?
I never thought about this yet actually. But I’d go with a cat. A black cat specifically. Cats are shy, timorous, and most of the time unpredictable. Sometimes they’d greet you bearing a good mood while sometimes they just want to be alone in a corner. Okay, I just specified the color because black is one of my two favorite colors.
3. One thing you hope to achieve in 2017.
That Medicinae Doctor (M.D.) after my name!
4. If you had one superpower what would it be?
Invisibility. I think I can do a lot more with invisibility. I can travel, sneak in prohibited buildings that I always wished to explore, get free unlimited passes to all of the world’s wonders, rob banks without anyone noticing or getting hurt (kidding), and surely a whole lot more.
5. A person you look up to and why.
Dr. José Rizal. He’s one of the reasons why I wanted to become a doctor. He’s a doctor. Multilingual. Polymath. Poet. Painter. Most importantly, he has blazing love for his family and country.
Answers to Kriztin’s questions:
1. What’s you favorite kind of music? If you’re not the picky type, then what’s your current favorite?
I listen to almost anything but I have the least preference on EDM and hip-hop. Incubus and Coldplay are always on my roadtrip and airplane playlist.
2. What movie speaks to you the most?
(MINI-SPOILER ALERT. If you haven’t watched any Star Wars film, do not proceed)
Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. Simply because I’m one with the Dark Side of the Force. LOL. Kidding aside, Episode VI is a movie that made a promise that anyone could return to the light after being soaked in darkness. It’s a story of an undying hope which started on the scene when Padme was muttering her final words to Obi-Wan about her feeling towards Vader’s “inner good” despite turning to the Dark Side a few moments after her death in Episode III.
3. What’s one positive though you have for 2017?
The year 2016 was a hell of a windswept bleak. Since it’s already negative, I’m expecting 2017 to be an extreme opposite for all of us who were hurt and strangulated by the previous year. Let’s just think positive!
4. What line of a book, song or poem resonates with you? Why?
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.
Honestly, I am essentially weak. I get discouraged and depressed for the very minute reasons. Whenever I’m feeling down and murky, I just look up to Him and remember His promises. Joshua 1:9 is just one from His boxes of promises.
Errr. I don’t know who to tag since most of the blogs I follow already did this Mystery Blogger Award thing. So I prepared five questions for those who would like to do or re-do this post instead. 🙂
Here are my five questions:
- How do you see yourself 10 years from now?
- Tell me about your favorite line/quote from a book or movie.
- What are your greatest pet peeves?
- If you could change one thing in this world, what would it be and why?
- Who do you think defines what is good and what is evil?
Happy Holidays, dear friends! 🙂